Standard Shared Tour - A 6 hour return trip travelling the low road to Taiaroa Head, stopping for a look at Otakou Marae on the way, while at Natures Wonders. You will travel by small coach over the farmland to the viewing areas Let Awesome Tours help you experience Natures Wonders on one of their daily small-group tours. The beautiful Otago Peninsula provides the stunning scenery on this tour, but it’s the wildlife that steals the show.
The tour includes a one-hour guided tour at Natures Wonders. You will travel by small coach over the farmland to the viewing areas or if you are feeling a little more adventurous upgrade to the exhilaration of a 8 wheel-drive off road all terrain Argo vehicle that takes you to the same wildlife area
Here, amidst truly spectacular scenery, are the world’s rarest penguins, Hoiho the ‘Yellow-Eyed’, the little Blue Penguins, the NZ Fur Seals and Cormorants (Shags) all living in their natural environment. After your wild life tour you can sit back and take in the view while enjoying a bit of lunch (own expense).
After lunch you have the unique opportunity to view the Royal Albatross as you enjoy a 1 hour guided tour of the colony. We return to the city via the high road for the most picturesque scenery towards the Pacific Ocean on one side, the Otago harbour on the other and Dunedin City straight ahead.
Included in your tour, we take a look at Baldwin St (steepest street in the world), Otago University, and Dunedin Railway Station before returning you to your cruise ship by the required time.
‘An experience not to be missed’
All pre booked tours depart from Port Chalmers. Your driver/guide will be waiting for you on the wharf FROM 8.45am and will not leave without you. Once we have you onboard we head into the city centre for a bit of free time, before your tour commences at 10.30am or the free time in the city centre maybe at the end of your tour. We do return everybody that’s on our tour back to Port by the required time.
On our personalised tours you will enjoy the comforts and safety of our near new factory fitted 6 or 12 seater (including driver) mini buses complete with air conditioning and PA system. The mini bus meets and exceeds all New Zealand Land Transport requirements. All driver/guides are experienced drivers and hold the appropriate current qualifications including first Aid Certificates. We also have access to a selection of 22 or 36 seater buses for larger groups if required.
tour operates in all weather
Infant Rate (0-4yrs)NZ$58
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with infant’s age to book and arrange a suitable car seat as required. It is a legal requirement in New Zealand that all passengers, including infants use seatbelts (car seat) while travelling in vehicles on New Zealand roads.
Awesome Tours NZ
Tour Reservation and Payment
Payment may be made by:
• PayPal – all major credit cards
• China Union Pay (CUP)
• Bank transfer
Bookings made within 45 days of the tour departure date must be paid in full to secure your place on the tour.
For bookings made prior to 45 days from the tour departure date, credit card details must be supplied to secure your booking. Full payment for the tour is payable 45 days prior to the tour departure date at which time your credit card will be debited for the full amount of the tour price.
Please note that we will treat this information as confidential and will not disclose any details to other companies without your express instruction.
Awesome Tours NZ Booking Terms and Conditions
Awesome Tours NZ accepts your booking upon the following Terms:
1. We will endeavor to provide the tour as advertised on the web site or in the case of a Private Tailor-made tour, the agreed itinerary, but we reserve the right provide alternative destinations or activities should there be a problem outside of our control.
2. If we are unable to provide your tour through our own fault, [excluding acts of nature, terrorism or war] a 100% refund will be given.
3. Your tour itinerary will be followed as closely as possible but in some cases, may be affected by adverse weather or road conditions; in such cases alternative destinations and activities of a similar nature will be offered.
4. Changes made by operators of attractions and activities we visit are outside of our control but we will endeavor to minimise such occurrences by close liaison with the operators.
5. Should you choose to shorten the tour for any reason then no refund is payable for any unused portion of your tour booking.
6. Your booking will only be confirmed once payment in full has been made.
7. Our cancellation policy is as follows:
• At least 60 days prior to the tour departure date, 90% of the tour price is refundable.
• 30-59 days prior to the tour departure date, 80% of the tour price is refundable.
• 10-29 days prior to the tour departure date, 50% of the tour price is refundable.
• Less than 10 days prior to the tour departure date, no refund is made.
• Once the tour has commenced, no refund is made.
• If you do not show up at the arranged meeting place and time, or you decide not to join the tour on the day, then you will forfeit all tour fees paid.
• Custom designed Tour bookings will always have a minimum $25 NZ per person non-refundable penalty for cancellations made at any time after the booking has been confirmed and the credit card charged, regardless of the cancellation period.
8. We accept no responsibility for and injury to persons or damage or loss of personal possessions belonging to those persons except that which we have legal obligation so to do.
9. We accept no responsibility for any incident, delay or changes to the arrangements, which are outside of our control.
10. Our vehicles are fully licensed as Passenger Service Vehicles, hold current Certificates of Fitness, are fully insured and will be driven only by Passenger Service endorsed drivers.
11. Where seat belts are fitted, it is the responsibility of the passengers to use them.
12. Smoking is not allowed in any tour vehicle.
13. In the unlikely event, a cruise ship is not able to dock at Port Chambers (Dunedin) on the day due to weather or mechanical difficulties – Awesome Tours NZ agrees to refund 100% of the pre-paid tour price, less all Credit Card/Bank fees incurred by Awesome Tours NZ.
14. If the cruise ship is delayed or arrives on an alternative date, every effort will be made to reschedule the tour. If we are unable to do this then a full refund will be given, less all Credit Card/Bank fees incurred by Awesome Tours NZ.
15. Awesome Tours NZ must be notified in advance when a booking is made if any of the party have limited mobility or health issues that may limit their ability to partake in the tour program using the standard tour vehicles. Awesome Tours NZ does offer tours that specifically cater for clients with mobility issues and equipment [wheel chairs etc]. If a client has mobility issues and books a tour that is not designed for that type of person, Awesome Tours NZ will not be responsible for any part or claim if the tours cannot be undertaken by the client.
16. Clients who dispute an Awesome Tours NZ credit card charge by filing a charge back notice with their credit card companies will be charged a $50 NZ administrative fee (per charge back notice) by Awesome Tours NZ if the charge back is ruled in the favor of Awesome Tours NZ by the financial institution.
17. Tours are planned to get you back to the ship in good time. Should you be unable to rejoin the ship for any reason before it departs the port, Awesome Tours NZ will assist in arranging transfers to the next port of call to rejoin the ship, but will not be liable for any costs incurred. Travel insurance is available for such incidents. Please note that in 12 years of business no client has ever missed a ship.
18. All credit card payments/refunds will be in New Zealand dollars. If a tour is cancelled and a refund is given, this refund will be at the same NZD value your card was originally charged. Therefore. The amount received may differ to the original payment when converted back to your own account’s currency. Awesome Tours NZ does not accept any liability for any variances or credit card/bank charges relating to these transfers.
Rates apply, Infant 0-4yrs, Child 5-15 years.
Infants are welcome, please notify at time of booking if a car seat is required.
Directions to Tour
It’s just a short walk to where our mini bus is parked, there is an area set aside for small group tours and if you don’t spot us the security guards will direct you to where we are parked.
I look forward to welcoming you to Dunedin. Have a great cruise.