Let Awesome Tours help you experience Natures Wonders on one of their daily small-group tours. The beautiful Otago Peninsula provides the stunning scenery on this tour, but it’s the wildlife that steals the show.
The tour includes a one-hour guided tour at Natures Wonders. You will travel by small coach over the farmland to the viewing areas or if you are feeling a little more adventurous upgrade to the exhilaration of a 8 wheel-drive off road all terrain Argo vehicle that takes you to the same wildlife area, perfect for families and the less mobile sightseer. Rugged coastline and windswept cliffs harbour New Zealand fur seals, Hookers Sea Lion, Blue Penguin (arguably the worlds cutest), the Yellow-Eyed Penguin (the world’s rarest) and the majestic Royal Albatross (world’s largest wingspan). At the highest point of Taiaroa Head you’ll soak up the “720-degree view” (because you’ll definitely look twice!) over Otago Peninsula. Natures Wonders prides itself in its ongoing conservation efforts, their goal being complete restoration of the natural ecosystem of Natures Wonders, based on Otago Peninsula. (Minimum of 2 people required for this tour to run)
You can add the ‘Sheep Shed Experience’ as a Combo tour. (Minimum of 2 people required for this combo)
Combo Tour: The all new ‘Sheep Shed’ this tour begins by taking you inside a genuine NZ sheep shed. Expect a hands-on experience, as you take in the energy and excitement of a working shearing shed. Then it is time to be charmed by wildlife, during a Natures Wonders Agro tour.
This Combo must be selected at the time of booking and there are a minimum number of 2 for the Sheep Shed Combo tour to run.
Optional Tour: The Royal Albatross Colony. You can choose to take a tour of the Royal Albatross Colony instead of Natures Wonders (not both) you will be dropped of at the Royal Albatross Centre in time to join the 3.30 tour. After your tour you will have a little time to explore the rest of the centre, have a look around the static display; maybe have a coffee while looking skyward in the hope of seeing an Albatross or two flying. Around 5.15pm you will be picked up and rejoin Awesome Tours.
Finally, the return journey is a feature in itself, with the Peninsula high-road providing stunning panoramic views of the Otago harbour on one side, the Pacific Ocean on the other and Dunedin city as your final destination.
Natures Wonders and the Royal Albatross Centre both have cafes
The tour depart from Dunedin I-Site, Central City at 11.00am, reporting time 10.50am and we return to the I-Site at 3pm in plenty of time to catch your shuttle bus back to Port.
Awesome Tours NZ
Tour Reservation and Payment
Payment may be made by:
• PayPal – all major credit cards
• China Union Pay (CUP)
• Bank transfer
Bookings made within 45 days of the tour departure date must be paid in full to secure your place on the tour.
For bookings made prior to 45 days from the tour departure date, credit card details must be supplied to secure your booking. Full payment for the tour is payable 45 days prior to the tour departure date at which time your credit card will be debited for the full amount of the tour price.
Please note that we will treat this information as confidential and will not disclose any details to other companies without your express instruction.
Awesome Tours NZ Booking Terms and Conditions
Awesome Tours NZ accepts your booking upon the following Terms:
1. We will endeavor to provide the tour as advertised on the web site or in the case of a Private Tailor-made tour, the agreed itinerary, but we reserve the right provide alternative destinations or activities should there be a problem outside of our control.
2. If we are unable to provide your tour through our own fault, [excluding acts of nature, terrorism or war] a 100% refund will be given.
3. Your tour itinerary will be followed as closely as possible but in some cases, may be affected by adverse weather or road conditions; in such cases alternative destinations and activities of a similar nature will be offered.
4. Changes made by operators of attractions and activities we visit are outside of our control but we will endeavor to minimise such occurrences by close liaison with the operators.
5. Should you choose to shorten the tour for any reason then no refund is payable for any unused portion of your tour booking.
6. Your booking will only be confirmed once payment in full has been made.
7. Our cancellation policy is as follows:
• At least 60 days prior to the tour departure date, 90% of the tour price is refundable.
• 30-59 days prior to the tour departure date, 80% of the tour price is refundable.
• 10-29 days prior to the tour departure date, 50% of the tour price is refundable.
• Less than 10 days prior to the tour departure date, no refund is made.
• Once the tour has commenced, no refund is made.
• If you do not show up at the arranged meeting place and time, or you decide not to join the tour on the day, then you will forfeit all tour fees paid.
• Custom designed Tour bookings will always have a minimum $25 NZ per person non-refundable penalty for cancellations made at any time after the booking has been confirmed and the credit card charged, regardless of the cancellation period.
8. We accept no responsibility for and injury to persons or damage or loss of personal possessions belonging to those persons except that which we have legal obligation so to do.
9. We accept no responsibility for any incident, delay or changes to the arrangements, which are outside of our control.
10. Our vehicles are fully licensed as Passenger Service Vehicles, hold current Certificates of Fitness, are fully insured and will be driven only by Passenger Service endorsed drivers.
11. Where seat belts are fitted, it is the responsibility of the passengers to use them.
12. Smoking is not allowed in any tour vehicle.
13. In the unlikely event, a cruise ship is not able to dock at Port Chambers (Dunedin) on the day due to weather or mechanical difficulties – Awesome Tours NZ agrees to refund 100% of the pre-paid tour price, less all Credit Card/Bank fees incurred by Awesome Tours NZ.
14. If the cruise ship is delayed or arrives on an alternative date, every effort will be made to reschedule the tour. If we are unable to do this then a full refund will be given, less all Credit Card/Bank fees incurred by Awesome Tours NZ.
15. Awesome Tours NZ must be notified in advance when a booking is made if any of the party have limited mobility or health issues that may limit their ability to partake in the tour program using the standard tour vehicles. Awesome Tours NZ does offer tours that specifically cater for clients with mobility issues and equipment [wheel chairs etc]. If a client has mobility issues and books a tour that is not designed for that type of person, Awesome Tours NZ will not be responsible for any part or claim if the tours cannot be undertaken by the client.
16. Clients who dispute an Awesome Tours NZ credit card charge by filing a charge back notice with their credit card companies will be charged a $50 NZ administrative fee (per charge back notice) by Awesome Tours NZ if the charge back is ruled in the favor of Awesome Tours NZ by the financial institution.
17. Tours are planned to get you back to the ship in good time. Should you be unable to rejoin the ship for any reason before it departs the port, Awesome Tours NZ will assist in arranging transfers to the next port of call to rejoin the ship, but will not be liable for any costs incurred. Travel insurance is available for such incidents. Please note that in 12 years of business no client has ever missed a ship.
18. All credit card payments/refunds will be in New Zealand dollars. If a tour is cancelled and a refund is given, this refund will be at the same NZD value your card was originally charged. Therefore. The amount received may differ to the original payment when converted back to your own account’s currency. Awesome Tours NZ does not accept any liability for any variances or credit card/bank charges relating to these transfers.
Rates apply, Infant 0-4yrs, Child 5-15 years.
Infants are welcome, please notify at time of booking if a car seat is required.
Directions to Tour
The Dunedin I-Site is just a short walk from where your shuttle bus will drop you off in the Octagon. There are I-Site staff there to welcome you and direct you to the I-Site pick-up point.
We look forward to welcoming you to Dunedin
Click here for Google map
Please be at departure point 15 minutes prior to tour departure time.